Our recipes and cocktails
Grilled goat’s cheese with pears poached in Lindemans Faro
- Peel the pears and cut them in half if they are large.
- Pour the Lindemans Faro into a saucepan and put the pears in it.
- Let them cook over gentle heat.
- Remove the pears from the Lindemans Faro and let the beer reduce further until you have a light syrup.
- Pour the syrup over the pears and allow to cool.
- Lay a slice of goat’s cheese on every slice of bread and season with thyme.
- Place the slices of bread under the grill for a moment until they colour lightly.
- Dish up the goat’s cheese toasts on the plates, together with a poached pear and spoon a little syrup around them.