Our recipes and cocktails
Oysters with Gueuze Cuvée René
- Peel and cut the shallot very finely. Bring to a boil with half a bottle of Lindemans Gueuze Cuvée René and reduce the beer on high heat until almost half of the liquid has evaporated.
- Open the oyster shells, loosen the oysters, pour the oyster juice into the pan and put the oysters aside.
- Arrange the hollow oyster shells on a bed of sea salt and put a raw oyster into each shell.
- Preheat the grill.
- Add the egg yolks to the oyster juice and place the saucepan in a bain-marie or over very low heat.
- Cut the butter into small pieces.
- Pour the rest of the bottle of Cuvée René into the oyster juice and whisk in the butter until you have a light sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper and divide the sauce between the oyster shells.
- Place under the hot grill until they have a nice colour and serve immediately.